This course breaks Childbirth Acupuncture into 7 comprehensive modules:
- Anatomy and Physiology - Focuses on anatomical changes in the uterus, cervix, pelvic girdle, hormones, and what happens during pregnancy and labor.
- Understanding the Labor and Birth Process - Discusses the natural process, due dates, initial signs of labor, stages of labor, and birth.
- Safety and Pathophysiology of Labor - Covers safety in birth, risk factors, preeclampsia, HELLP, and common red flags.
- Doula 101 - Focuses on Chinese Medicine and birth doulas, training and licensing, the scope of practice, working as a team, and acu-doula support.
- Chinese Medicine and Birth Doulas + The Business of Acu-Doulas
- Understanding the Difference Between Medical Care and Midwifery Care - OB/GYN, midwives explained, the pro and cons of hospitals, birth centers, and birthing at home.
- Wrap Up - Putting it all together for setting up your Acu-Doula business.
Building Confidence During Labor and Birth
Available in days
days after you enroll
StartModule 1 - Anatomy and Physiology (15:41)
StartModule 2 - Understanding the Labor and Birth Process (21:37)
StartModule 3 - Safety and Pathophysiology of Labor (8:39)
StartModule 4 - Doula 101 (71:26)
StartModule 5 - Chinese Medicine and Birth Doulas (55:15)
StartModule 6 - Understanding the Difference Between Medical Care and Midwifery Care (27:52)
StartModule 7 - The Wrap Up (18:04)
Frequently Asked Questions
Who this class is for ?
• Acupuncturists • Midwifes • Doulas • Massage Therapist • Nurses • Birth Professionals
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
Are any CEU's available?
There are 4 CEU’s CAB & NCCAOM approval
How long is the course?
4 hours and 15 minutes.
What is your CEU provider and Course Category Number?
Provider number: 1096 Course Category Number: 1
Do you offer refunds?
For recorded online courses we do not provide refunds or exchanges. Please be accountable and responsible and watch the preview video and read feedback before registering.
I have some questions - how can I contact you?
Email me at debdavieslac.com and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the course!